Monday, May 19, 2008

Move Over, Simon Cowell

Tomorrow will be the face-off between David Cook and David Archuleta on American Idol, which Adam and I watch regularly. In honor of this event, I will post an American Idol story that Adam never got around to posting, but will (hopefully) confirm, to corroborate my outstanding musical intuition.

Two weeks ago, we were watching the Top 4 compete, and Adam and I were discussing what song we'd like to hear David Cook sing. Adam suggested Bon Jovi, but I thought of something else. "You know, that song from the movie with the big rock...the one they played over and over on the radio that summer when we were in high school?" For some reason, this very precise description did not convey to Adam which song I meant, but we got there eventually: Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing," from the Armegeddon soundtrack. Adam still thought Bon Jovi would be better.

So you can imagine my self-satisfied grin when, last week, during the Top 3 competition, the producers of Idol chose "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" for David Cook to sing in the final round. Thank you, thank you. I could be a record producer.

No comments: