Sunday, September 28, 2008

Workin' for a Living

It's been almost four weeks since I started my new job at the Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies at my alma mater, Brandeis University.

One of the books that I read with my Jerusalem book club shortly before I left was this book by a Harvard professor (an Israeli, actually) called Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment. One of the main points in the book was that, in order to be happy, we should find work that is both enjoyable and meaningful to us. The Cohen Center makes a meaningful contribution to world Jewry, and the day-by-day, hour-by-hour work is fun and challenging for me. So I guess I'm on my way to daily joy and lasting fulfillment, right?

Check me out on the Cohen Center website!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shana Tova to you guys!

Orin said...

Shana tova!

Tal Ben-Shachar does some pretty interesting stuff! =)