Friday, June 13, 2008

Hat-tastic

I might have found something of a sideline career.

When I was first starting to buy hats, just before Adam and I got married, I looked in stores all around Jerusalem. It seemed like every hat I liked had the same label: Imaga. And, as chance would have it, Adam knew the company's owners, because J-Town Productions (Adam's employer) hosts the website for Imaga Hats. They now give me a discount whenever I go to the factory store. And Edoardo, one of the owners and a native Italian speaker, helped us when we were planning our trip to Italy last February.

Well, it turns out that the Boston-based Imaga sales representative recently gave up selling the hats when she had a baby. Edoardo is looking for someone to replace her, and Adam volunteered me! It would be a way to make some extra money and maintain access to my favorite hat designer, and we're setting up a meeting to discuss the possibility. I think it would mostly involve arranging tables at local Israel fairs, or at synagogues with hat-wearing populations on occasional Sunday mornings. I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love that!