Saturday, June 14, 2008

Up For Grabs

As our impending departure from Israel speeds ever closer I’ve begun to detect more and more subtle changes in my life. Here are a few examples:

  • At work I’ve begun documenting everything that I know how to do.
  • I’m trying hard to get in shape for the family cruise that we’re going on as soon as we get back.
  • We no longer have a small crock pot (it was sold on Friday).

As more and more of our belongings get sold off, Michelle and I have also tried to focus on things that we would like (or in some cases need) to do before we leave. This ranges from canceling our phones, to eating at our favorite restaurants, to visiting the Kotel. It’s reached the point where I worry that if we don’t actual schedule a time to do all of these things, they might slip between the cracks.

So. What would you do if you only had 38 days left in Israel?

3 comments:

Lex Friedman said...

Eat at KFC. Twice.

Michelle said...

Sadly, the KFC in downtown Jerusalem closed a number of years ago. I think the closest one nowadays is in the Mevaseret Zion mall, but it's hard to get there without a car.

But don't doubt our commitment to kosher fast food: our last meal in Israel will be at the McDonald's in the airport, and I will be eating a McRoyal and chicken nuggets. Super Size Me.

Adam said...

Not true. Not true.

There is a KFC in the mall at Malcha (right next to the Pizza Hut).

I'm don't really eat KFC that often, but all the more reason to eat there at least once.

And once at Pizza Hut too for that matter!