Monday, January 19, 2009

Scrubtacular

Many of you may know that I am an ardent follower of the TV show "Scrubs." I've stuck with the show through the highs and the more recent lows. I even followed the show across networks (from NBA to ABC).

For the past two weeks, Scrubs has been airing back-to-back and for both weeks, for whatever reason, my DVR has decided to only record the second episode. In the old days this would have caused me much consternation, however, now days, we have this new fangled "Internet," where I can still watch my shows. In place of the TV advertisements, the show breaks several times to show you a single 30 second ad. The same ad repeats for each of the breaks.

On a somewhat ominous note (for ABC) the ads during my most recent viewing of Scrubs were all promos for other ABC shows. This means that they had a captive audience and chose (or even worse - were forced) to show advertisements which generated no revenue. Now, I guess ABC could have decided that these promos would lure me into other ABC shows, but seeing as how I had to visit ABC's website in order to get to the Scrubs episode, I was probably aware of the other programs already.

So either they actively decided to get no money from the show, or nobody was willing to pay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can also trick the dvr. when you pull the guide up, hit record for scrubs and when it asks how long you want to record it for, say double the time. that way you don't havae to watch it on the computer.