Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sorry Darwin

As I was driving to school this morning I nearly broadsided a car who had pulled into traffic to turn left. What astonished me however, was not the actual boneheaded driving. As soon as the car pulled out I slammed on my brakes and began honking. Being a good driver I haven't ever found myself in the other driver's position, but I can imagine that if I pulled into traffic and heard a rapidly approaching car honking repeatedly, I would probably, you know, look in that direction. This girl felt no such compulsion.

I was able to stop just in time, and the car was able to merge about a half a second before I would have reached her (had my brakes failed). Half of me wanted to speed right into the other car. I'm pretty sure that my front end could beat her door in a fight. Maybe that would have gotten her attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful! Noah hit a car which was making a stupid turn a few weeks ago (he didn't have enough room to stop in time) and both the and his car came out the worse for it. Too often it's not the idiot who gets hurt, but whoever's unlucky enough to be too close.

Anonymous said...

*both he and his car

Adam said...

I hope Noah is ok.

It wouldn't have been pretty but I would have plowed right into the driver-side door. She would have been toast.